The event is open to the public — individuals, organizations, businesses, groups, etc — and involves the production of sculptures loosely based on the theme of scarecrows,crows, fall, etc.
The main event occurs on First Friday and extends for a week. On Friday night and Saturday morning votes are cast by the public for the 3 “Peoples’ Choice” awards of $200, $100, and $50. There are also 2 $50 awards for “Artistic Merit” based on the judgement of three designated members or guests of SASS.
Check out the gallery of past scarecrows in the Gallery. You can also see a video of the 2011 event on Facebook at “Stevensville Scarecrow Festival”
NEW – This year we are also including “Living Statues”
Here is the schedule
The schedule for scarecrow activities is as follows:
- Scarecrows on display – Oct 5th starting at 5:00 through Saturday Oct 13th
- Living Statues on Main Street – Oct 5th 5:00 – 9:00 PM
- Award judging
- Peoples’ Choice voting Friday Oct 5th 5:00 – 9:00 PM and Saturday Oct 6th 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM
- Artistic Merit judging – Saturday 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM
- Living Statue judging – Friday 5:00 – 9:00 PM
- Award Ceremony
- Saturday 3:00 PM on the Forest Service Lawn
- Hosted by Mark Heyka of KECI Ch 13 Missoula
Please plan to attend this delightful family oriented event and vote for your favorite entries.
It’s not too late to enter . . .
Scarecrow Rules and an Entry Form are found by clicking HERE
Living Statue Rules and Entry Form are found by clicking HERE